Vasectomy Reversal Statistics
Reach Us*for Vasectomy Reversal only
FREE Initial Consultation!
- Microsurgeons have the highest success rates and microsurgery tops the list as the most successful procedure.
- The shorter the time elapsed between the vasectomy and the proposed reversal the greater the success rate.
- Microsurgery results in return of sperm to the semen in 75 percent to 97 percent of patients.
- The female partner's age, health and lifestyle can also affect future fertility.
- The cost of a vasectomy reversal is significantly less than the cost of in-vitro fertility and sperm retrieval surgery. In fact, parents will typically spend 2 to 3 times the dollars per baby born on IVF as compared to vasectomy reversal
- Vasectomy reversals are requested by approximately 6-12% of those who undergo a vasectomy.
- Certain medications can also affect sperm function fertility. Smoking reduces sperm function in some men because some of the toxic chemicals in cigarette smoke get concentrated in the testicles, damaging the sperm.
- Exposure to high heat may also reduce fertility.
- It can take from six to eighteen months to become pregnant after vasectomy reversal, sometimes far earlier and even further down as has been noted in exceptional cases.